Find your Movie!

Friday, January 15, 2010

Nacho Libre

This movie may just be a thorn among roses. Its goal is not to impress anybody. It is what it is and it IS proud. But just because it is awkwardly unique, that doesn't mean it isn't funny to the right audience. If you can dumb down your mindset quite a bit before this picture... Maybe play with some hot wheels, drink apple juice out of a tippy cup, read "Everybody Poops". Then you will be ready to laugh your head off for at least 1 and a half hours of a brilliantly blissful, blubbering, blight comedy. I personally belonged to the crowd who was laughing hysterically, but I still say "yo mamma" when anybody asks me what I'm doing...

Nacho Libre is not a safe bet for a first date... rent Roxanne, maybe Dumb and Dumber... This is a comedy that should wait until you know one another's humor. DUM

2/3 people points. PLEASE don't get me wrong, this movie is hilarious... to me. And to most of the people I watched it with. But with movies that don't quite appeal to those of us who really are or pretend to be mature, there will be critics who claim "it just didn't make me think". To them I say: go see Memento, Prude.

:)

2 comments: